This free printable Halloween memory game is the perfect activity for kids who need something to keep them busy until trick-or-treat time!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. When you buy something through a link on my site, I may earn a commission, at no cost to you. See my disclosure to learn more.
Need a quick and easy activity to keep your kids happy today? I’ve got you covered! Try playing this Halloween memory game for kids. It’s a great (and simple) way to get into the Halloween spirit! Just print, cut, and play!
In addition to being fun, memory games are great for little minds. In one simple game, kids will build so many skills:
- critical thinking
- finding similarities and differences in objects
- short term memory
- spatial awareness
So much powerful learning can take place during play!
How to play:
- Shuffle the cards and lay them face down in a grid.
- During the game, players take turns turning over two cards and reading the information on them. If the two cards match, the player keeps the cards. If not, flip the cards back over (face down) and the next player gets to try.
- Continue play until all matches have been uncovered and claimed. The player with the most matches wins!
More ways to play & learn:
I LOVE when I can use the materials from one activity for other activities as well. Here are some other fun games you can play with this matching game. Kids will love it, and it’s no additional prep for you. More fun, less stress! That’s the goal.
- Hide one set of the memory game cards around your house. Give your child the other set and encourage him or her to find the match for each card. My preschooler LOVED collecting each match and carrying them around in a little Halloween bucket I had on hand.
- Take the cards in the car, and drive around town looking for Halloween decorations that match the items on the cards. Can you get five points? Ten?
- For younger kids, try this simplified matching game.
- Use the cards to play charades or Pictionary.
Ready to play? Before you download the game, be sure to read the following tips…
- I’ve included one page of the cards that is just pictures, and another page that includes the words beneath the pictures. Choose the one that works best for the ages of your kids! I like the version with words because–even for pre-readers–it gives kids exposure to new vocabulary and spelling.
- You’ll need to print two copies of whichever page you choose to use…so you have a match for each card. 😉
- If possible, print the game on cardstock so you can’t see the pictures through the paper.
- If you want these cards to last longer than one day, I highly recommend laminating them (I think every mom needs a laminator!).
CLICK HERE to download the Halloween memory game
Want more fun Halloween activity for kids? Try these!
Leave a Reply